In the Diocese of Świdnica
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in ŚWIDNICA
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
The Church of St Stanislaus, Bishop and Martyr, and St Wenceslaus, Martyr, was founded in the 14th century by Prince Bolko II of Świdnica. The construction of the church, being the late-Gothic basilica with a nave and two aisles, took over 150 years. In 1532 the fire destroyed the interior. At the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries Jesuits gave it a new Baroque decor. It is the highest church of Lower Silesia. After the establishment of the Diocese of Świdnica, on 25 March 2004, it became cathedral of the new diocese.
Common of Dedication of a Church.