In the Archdiocese of Przemyśl
The DEDICATION of the ARCHCATHEDRAL BASILICA in PRZEMYŚL
In the Archcathedral Basilica – Solemnity
The Roman Diocese of Przemyśl was created by Pope Gregory XI in 1375. The current cathedral, third in a row, was built in the second half of the 15th century. Destroyed by fire twice, it was thoroughly renovated and rebuilt by Bishop Aleksander Fredro. The restoration was completed by Bishop Wacław Sierakowski, who also dedicated the renewed Cathedral on 3 May 1744. Pope John XXIII gave the Przemyśl Cathedral the title of minor basilica in 1960.
Common of Dedication of a Church.