In the Diocese of Gliwice
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in GLIWICE
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
The initiator of the construction of the Sts Apostles Peter and Paul Church was the rector of the All Saints Parish in Gliwice – Fr Paweł Buchali. The temple was built in the Neo-Gothic style between 1896 and 1900. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Wrocław Cardinal Jerzy Kopp. The church was renovated after war damages between 1945 and 1946. Creating the Diocese of Gliwice on 25 March 1992, Pope John Paul II elevated the parish church to the status of the cathedral.
Common of Dedication of a Church.