In the Archdiocese of Lublin
The DEDICATION of the ARCHCATHEDRAL in LUBLIN
In the Archcathedral – Solemnity
The present-day Metropolitan Cathedral was initially the temple of the Society of Jesus. It was generously furnished by Polish kings: Stephen Báthory and Sigismund III, and consecrated on 25 April 1604 by the Bishop of Kraków, Bernard Maciejowski. After the dissolution of the congregation, the church was given to Trinitarians. Afterwards, it fell into disrepair and was used as a granary and military depot. After the creation of the Diocese of Lublin in 1805, the church was restored and consecrated. In 1992 it was elevated to the status of the metropolitan cathedral when Pope John Paul II had created the Archdiocese of Lublin.
Common of Dedication of a Church.