In the Diocese of Zielona Góra-Gorzów
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in GORZÓW WIELKOPOLSKI
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
The Cathedral was built at the end of the 13th century and was dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. In 1303 it was consecrated by Henryk Wacholtz, Bishop of Kamień Pomorski. In the 16th century the church was taken over by Protestants. In 1945 it returned to Catholics and became cathedral of the new diocese. After erecting a new high altar, Wilhelm Pluta, Bishop of Gorzów, consecrated the Cathedral on 9 September 1962.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.