In the Diocese of Legnica
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in LEGNICA
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
The Cathedral Church of Sts Apostles Peter and Paul in Legnica dates back to the 13th century. The present temple was erected in the Gothic style in the years 1333-1378. It was consecrated by Bishop Nankier in 1341. In the years 1524-1947 it was the Protestant church. In 1947 it returned to Catholics. Pope John Paul II with the bull Totus Poloniae Populus of 25 March 1992 set up the Diocese of Legnica and made the temple cathedral. John Paul II visited it during his apostolic journey to Legnica on 2 June 1997.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.