In the Archdiocese of Warmia
The DEDICATION of the ARCHCATHEDRAL BASILICA in FROMBORK
In the Archcathedral Basilica – Solemnity
The Diocese of Warmia was created by Pope Innocent IV in 1243. Henryk, the second Bishop of Warmia, transferred the bishopric from Braniewo to Frombork and built there the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The present-day church, built in the Gothic style, was consecrated by Bishop Herman in 1342. The new altar was consecrated by Bishop Adam Grabkowski in 1751. On 25 March 1992 Pope John Paul II set up Archdiocese of Warmia.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.