In the Diocese of Kielce
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL BASILICA in KIELCE
In the Cathedral Basilica – Solemnity
In 1171 Gideon, Bishop of Kraków, erected the stone church in Kielce and established the Chapter of Canons. In the centuries to come the temple was extended and beautified. The ceremonious consecration was conducted by Konstanty Szaniawski, Bishop of Kraków, in 1728. After the creation of the Diocese of Kielce in 1805, it was made cathedral.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.