In the Diocese of Włocławek
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL BASILICA in WŁOCŁAWEK
In the Cathedral Basilica – Solemnity
According the tradition, in the beginnings of the 12th century the episcopal see was moved from Kruszwica to Włocławek; the present cathedral church in Włocławek is a third in a row. Its foundation stone was laid in the 13th century and the erection was finished in 1411. In the same year it was ceremoniously consecrated and dedicated to the Assumption of Mary. On 22 February 1907 Pope Pius X made it basilica.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.