In the Diocese of Łowicz
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL BASILICA in ŁOWICZ
In the Cathedral Basilica – Solemnity
The original church was founded in 1100 and extended thanks to archbishops of Gniezno – primates of Poland. It was consecrated on 14 October 1668 and dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Nicholas, Bishop, by Primate Mikołaj Prażmowski. Pope John Paul II, setting up the Diocese of Łowicz, made the temple cathedral in 1992 and during his seventh pilgrimage to Poland, on 14 June 1999, elevated it to the status of basilica.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.