In the Diocese of Sandomierz
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL BASILICA in SANDOMIERZ
In the Cathedral Basilica – Solemnity
In the beginning of the 12th century, the church was erected in Sandomierz and the collegiate dome was placed nearby. Both Bl Vincent Kadłubek and Bl Ceslaus served there. In its place in 1360 King Casmir the Great built the new, more impressive Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In 1382 it was ceremoniously consecrated. After the creation of the Diocese of Sandomierz it became its cathedral, and on its 600th anniversary it obtained the title of basilica.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.