In the Diocese of Koszalin-Kołobrzeg
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in KOSZALIN
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
The Marian Church in Koszalin was built between the years 1300 and 1333 in the Pomeranian Gothic style. In 1534 it was taken over by Protestants. It was regained by Catholics when the lands became Polish again. It was dedicated on 1 October 1945. After the creation of the Diocese of Koszalin-Kołobrzeg, it became its cathedral. On 25 October 1983 the first Bishop of Koszalin-Kołobrzeg, Ignacy Jeż, ceremoniously dedicated the cathedral to the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.