In the Diocese of Łomża
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in ŁOMŻA
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
In the beginning of the 16th century, a parish church of St Michael the Archangel and St John the Baptist was erected in Łomża. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Płock, Andrzej Noskowski. Upon the creation of the Diocese of Łomża in 1925, it was chosen for the cathedral of the new bishopric. The new main altar was consecrated in 1959.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.