In the Diocese of Zamość-Lubaczów
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in ZAMOŚĆ
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
The Church of the Resurrection of the Lord and St Thomas, Apostle, for centuries known as the Collegiate Church, was founded by Hetman Jan Zamoyski († 1605). Its consecration was conducted on 18 November 1637 by the Bishop of Bacău, Jan Chrzciciel Zamoyski, on behalf of the Bishop of Chełm, Remigiusz Koniecpolski. Pope John Paul II created the Diocese of Zamość-Lubaczów on 25 March 1992 and the collegiate church became cathedral.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.