In the Diocese of Drohiczyn
The DEDICATION of the CATHEDRAL in DROHICZYN
In the Cathedral – Solemnity
At the close of the 17th century, a Baroque church was erected in the place of the one that had burnt down. The consecration of the Holy Trinity church was conducted by the Bishop of Lutsk, Stefan Rupniewski on 10 January 1723. The church was profaned during the Second World War, after which it was renovated and started to serve God anew. After the creation of the Diocese of Drohiczyn, on 5 June 1991, it became the cathedral of the new diocese. John Paul II visited it on 10 June 1999.
Common of the Dedication of a Church.